Friday, June 23, 2006

I solemnly swear to tell the truth...

The car place called today. They wanted to know how, on a scale from one to ten (one being terrible, ten being fantastic), I would rate the service during my recent visit.

I quickly began the mental calculations:
 For scheduling the appointment during their lunchtime;
-4 points
For making me feel as if I’d done something wrong:
-2 points
For making me spend 2 hours in the mall,
we’ll call it even
For forcing me to eat at the mall,
-1 point
For the warm, toasty Portobello and Mozzarella Panini I had at Panera Bread Company,
+27 points
For the calories in said sandwich,
-96 points
For the fact that I actually purchased items at the Dollar Store
-3 points

Minus 79. Yes, Ma'am, you heard correctly. MINUS 79.

“Seven,” I said out loud.

Hey, it was a really good sandwich.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't it the truth, we never want to hurt anyone's feelings or....could it be the sandwich was that good? but, hey, I loovvee the $$$$ store

Anonymous said...

I looove you!! You make me laugh, with the complete understanding of what you are talking about. Behold the power of the auto shop....